Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lovely Saturday morning with my boys

While I took a break from running after the virus attack, I took the opportunity to bring Jake to MacRitchie Reservoir as the husband still did his. I could choose to lie-in, but I didn't want to allow my body to veg too much and I figured being out in the sun could be good Vitamin D too. I was ready to just trek it through the trail to work my body into a light sweat, just to rev it up a little. It turned out to be a bonus that Jake awoke at 6am this morning, and I decided to bring him out. It was a nice time we had with each other, so rare to be alone with my little man. (Firstborn was with nainai and besides, she's not that early a morning person).

I watched Jake alone for the 1.5hours, and his antics were so adorable! We covered the green pastures, sat on the ground, got our bums dirty sitting on any surface, watched the kayaks, scored a ride (him) in one on dry land and watched the ants, fish, monkeys, plants in their natural habitat. It was really nice!


7.20am at MacRitchie Reservoir - bright and early! Today's weather was very cool, lucky us

Warming up. Ok, not really but it does look like he's doing that hah!

Watching kayaks

Little man, big wild trail (Truth: we made it in all of 10metres or something when J decided he doesn't want to proceed anymore. I fleetingly considered carrying him and trek as a workout but without proper carrier, I'd just be breaking my own back so... nope. We didn't do that)

Made a new friend, Jeff. He entertained Jake's request of sitting "in da boat". 

I have a whole series of Jake on this bench - it's so cute! 

Was a rather nice, healthy start to this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment