Friday, November 15, 2013

Kate's school Christmas concert

"Mommy, can you come watch me dance?"

And this is how I know that Kate will not get cold feet, nor is she stage shy! So today marks the last day of the school year and there's a Christmas celebration, as well as a concert. We received news of this through Kate very briefly, got the information from the teacher about the exact time, and truly, I was quite excited to attend it. Afterall, it's hard not to when Kate's obviously so enthusiastic about her performance and repeatedly reminds us to "come early and watch me dance ok!"

Her favourite nainai attended the concert too, along with the husband, Jake and me - I could see how proud Kate was that we were there - totally #proudparent moment.


Pre-concert; the kids were lined up in their respective classes. And Jake made himself comfortable amidst them.
Kate did a total of 3 performances, and this was one of my favourites because it's a clear demonstration of how she's enjoying herself! 


Truth - it wasn't all edge-of-seat type of performance (to me, anyway) but someone was obviously the target audience and totally deserves the "most attentive award" !

I do applaud the teachers and all the kids for their lovely efforts, and I'm so pleased and a little surprised to see that most of the kids do not suffer from stage fright, nor get anxious at all! Such brave little ones, these days. There was an odd boy or two who froze on stage (like, did. not. move. at. all.) but they didn't break out in tears. There was also a boy who semi-performed - he did only select actions and kept still for others. And there was only one teary girl who despite her tears, stayed on stage bravely and finished the performance. 

See how soppy the little girl in yellow/blue is? Poor thing, but she bravely stayed on-stage so kudos to her!
And this was a pretty lovely sight - live Christmas trees!


This shot is one of (hehe) my kids, not the performers. Top marks to both of them for audience participation!

After the hour of performance, the kids headed back to their classes for their party snacks. We watched Kate in her class for a bit before heading off. 

Kate, waving goodbye to me from her class. This is the last shot of her in her Nursery class!

This whole year has been pretty good for her. Academically, I think she can still improve, but she's definitely made some good friends, learnt a lot of new songs, learnt the concept of homework (that's for me too!) and I'm so proud that she enjoys school. She even loves going for her extra Chinese classes (twice a week) and actually groans in disappointment when she doesn't have Chinese classes. I hope that she continues to enjoy to learn, to have fun and to grow in school. I'm so proud of my little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment