Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy times

The weekend really tired me out, largely because I was recovering/fighting the flu bug that the daughter shared with me. And with Mom being unwell yesterday, it was really rather heavy. But Saturday night saw us attending a friend’s wedding, a happy occasion and so I’m going to talk about that because the aura lately has been rather grey.

The wedding itself was the usual fanfare and as the groom was the husband’s good buddy, he was involved with the wedding the entire day. In fact, the involvement began weeks ago with the boys discussing the details of the wedding and the preps leading up to the day. What was hilarious was the video that they self-filmed (yes, they did) – I’m sure a link of it will pop up on youtube soon. I’ve seen how this couple were friends, then how they became a couple and finally tied the knot last Saturday.

It was a day of plentiful celebrations, because not only did this couple get hitch, it was also anothers’ wedding anniversary (same day, 6 years ago!) and it’s really quite aawwww to see how the group of friends have matured and evolved to different stages of life cycles – just 3 years ago, I was the one who wedded to this group of pals and have to-date contributed 1.5children to it too!

A terribly cute picture of the girls

Family pic

Kate, the professional yum-seng-er

No comments:

Post a Comment