Monday, October 24, 2011

Love-hate relationship

That's the love triangle relationship between Kate, her parents (collectively as one) and the iPhone.

She LOVES it too much. The moment she spots it she will WHINE for it. She will CRY if she doesn't get it. She will nearly do ANYTHING to get it. The bl**dy phone is really a double-edged sword. It provides her with hours of entertainment and she can navigate youtube very skillfully on her own accord; selecting video after video of Barney/Hi5 (her current faces). It gives the husband and I plenty of time to do our own thing; but it is such a pain to take it away from her because she will always cry murder as if her life depended on it. TERRIBLE.

The husband and I decided that this obsession with the phone has got to stop and recently have been more stingy with allowing her to have it. I think it's been days since she last got her hands on it.

Today, she was whining for it (again) and in my exasperation, I said

"Don't have"
K: I want your phoneeee (whiney tone)
Me: No
K: I want your phoneeeeee
Me: Don't have. I threw it away!
K looks at me in horror. Pauses for a split second. And cries out "Don't throw your phone away...... WHY you throw away... *criesssss"
She proceeds to sob in sadness and the next thing I see is her standing over the bin, peering within to try to locate the phone.

HAHAHA I know, it's such a wicked thing to do but I cannot help it! I really wish she will exercise SOME control over the bl**dy device. UGH. But her reaction to the phone's demise was really quite extreme, but cute. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment