Thursday, October 27, 2011

My dose of laughter for today

I ring home.

Kate picks up the phone very quickly, “Hello

Me: Who is this!
K: MOMMY!
Me: Hi Kate, what are you doing?
K: I drawing
Me: Are you drawing an elephant?
K: NO NO NO I draw playground
Me: Oh, is there a swing?
K: NO NO NO I draw playground
Me: Oh, you drew a slide?
K: Yes.
Me: Is Barney there too?
K: Yes.
Me: What about Kate? Is Kate in the picture?
K: Yes… I cannot find Mommy.
Me: Yes, because Mommy is in the office. I’m not at home.
K: Where is my papa?
Me: Papa is at work.
K: At work?
Me: Yes, Papa and Mama are at work. So you cannot see us at home. We’ll see you later tonight ok?
K: Ok… I WANT SHEE SHEEEEEEE

She puts the phone down on the chair (but not hung up) so I can still hear her

K: I WANT SHEEE SHEEEEEEE (pee in Hokkien. Or it may be a ‘sound’ in baby talk?)
MIL: Lai lai lai (Come, in Mandarin)
K: tham tham (wet in Hokkien)
MIL: (in mandarin) Aiya, you urinated already and it’s wet
K: Oh oh…

HAHAHAHAA so FUNNY!

Which brings me to sharing that we’ve been trying to toilet train Kate for weeks now. She’s been relatively good thus far and we try to not put on diapers for her where we can. Only when we go out-out. She’s not that great in telling us she needs to go pee, though she does go when we bring her every hour or so. She is trained in telling us when she wants to poop.

Oh, I know the husband will laugh when he reads this and I cannot help but grin too. It’s going to keep me going while I put in longer hours at work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment