Monday, October 17, 2011

20 weeks

15 October 2011 - It was a terribly hectic morning; I went up and down from the hospital's lobby to the clinic thrice, the husband drove up and down from CCK to Thomson twice and Kate threw up once.

=_=

But after it all, Kate, the husband and I made it on time and were able to huddle in the little dark room and listen to the sonographer wax lyrical about baby little. Everything is on track, with him being slightly above average for everything (head size, weight, limb lengths etc). And on that day, we confirmed that we will be welcoming a little boy - I will have a son! *happy

Funny tidbit to share: when we knew that we were expecting our first child, we came to a common agreement on one female name only. At that time, I'd guessed (wrongly) that I was expecting a boy. This time, I'd thought that I was expecting a girl (again, wrongly. But I made this guess because my icky symptoms in the first trimester were exactly the same as Kate's); and the husband and I had only managed to agree upon one name for a boy. Both times, though my gut guesses were wrong, we were very lucky to be able to use the only names we had thought of and agreed upon.

The husband and I are very blessed, and it's these little things that make me smile.

Hello baby Jake,

We are halfway through this pregnancy journey and I'm so happy that you're doing such a brilliant job of growing very well. You are very photogenic - we all had a great time watching you bob around on-screen last Saturday, and it was very pleasant to have great pictures of you (we never had such an easy time with cheche). Finally, Papa and I can call you Jake and my only request is that you not sit so much on my bladder - quite an inconvenience.
Another 20 weeks before we get to meet - looking forward, my dear son.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment