Monday, October 31, 2011

Things Kate say

Sunday morning, I was absolutely unable to get up & I told her that I was very tired. Kate, however wanted to get up. So she says to me, "Mommy, wake up already. Don't be tired."

When I finally got up (after she was released from the room), she saw me standing by the bed and walked to me. She rubbed my leg and said, "Mommy, you wake up already? You feeling better?"

Every night, Kate looks forward to drinking her last (sometimes only) feed of milk for the day. She'll exclaim insistently, "I want to drink milk. I WANT TO DRINK MILK."

After she's had her fill, and it's lights out, she will roll around the bed. "Mommy, I want to sleep on your pillow"; I'll have to share my pillow with her. Last night, she was feeling exceptionally loving and caressed my face, while telling me "Good night, sweet dreams" and she gave me a smack on my face. She then proceeded to do it again - and I had my face turned away this time. She then said, while feeling for my face "Give me a kiss!"

The husband encountered a rogue driver the other day and he expressed his exasperation with some grunts. Kate, who was riding in the back said, "Papa, what's wrong?"

When Kate sees me rubbing my nose, or sneezing, or rubbing my tummy (stomachache) she'll ask, "You not feeling well?"

When someone bids goodbye to her, or when she spies us getting changed, she'll ask "where are you going?"

We brought her to the reservoir where we spotted many monkeys. After seeing one, she'll say "we see another monkey, ok?"
When she spied a monkey running off, she turns around to me and said, "I go ok?" (I nod) "You wait here."

Night time, before she goes to sleep, she'll crawl on the bed towards the husband and say "Papa, I want to go gai gai tomorrow"

When she sees you doing something of some/no/high interest to her "what you doing?"
And after we have completed the task, she'll say "you bombom/eat/brush teeth (insert activity) already?"

"Where is my Papa?" (I love the "my")

When I arrive home, usually on the week-day after work. "Mummy, I cannot find you..."

On the weekends, she will tell us "I want to go nai nai house!"

"I want to eat breakfast/biscuit/bread/(fill in food)"

"Don't touch, ok?" she'll say when she doesn't want us to touch something on the table. She'll place it neatly in front of her and it's usually a cup/bowl of food that she doesn't want us to take away from her.

When I was drying my hair, she randomly hopped to my side and said to my tummy "Jake, what you doing? Sleeping? Ok."

Overheard, when she was playing on her own. She's holding a piece of paper and a pen. "I will go here, because... ok! And then, I ..... (cannot hear clearly)... ok? Ok!"

I love how she's developing so well and able to communicate clearly with us (and apparently even to herself, haha). I cannot believe how big she is already!

No comments:

Post a Comment