Sunday, April 15, 2012

Conspiracy

Jake wakes up about 7am. He'd toss and turn, swing his arms and legs about and grunt and even though he's not crying, he makes his wakeful-ness clearly known. Some days, I'd be up and ready to give him his bath then because well, we're both awake and in good spirits. Some days (today), I'm tired and sluggish and when he's up I just want him to go back to bed so that I can get some rest. [Today is one of those "some days" because Jake woke up every hour after 3am.]

So I tried to put him back to sleep. I fed him, I changed his diapers, I patted him, I plugged the dummy into his mouth. All the while with my eyes semi-open and I was pretty much horizontal. But after two hours of the unsuccessful affair, I took a deep breath and conceded defeat.

I dragged myself up, had a drink of water, gave him a *ggrr* look and prepared his bath water.

When I went back wanting to pick him up... he was asleep.

=_=

No comments:

Post a Comment