Monday, April 2, 2012

Going gaigai

After the whole month of being confined with me stepping out of the house only for doctor visits, I planned for half a day of gaigai last Friday. It may have been slightly tiring with three appointments lined up from lunch to tea to dinner, but I wanted to capitalise my being out and it was quite a nice break from my confinement-everyday-is-same-day routine.

I didn't snap much pics that day - it's kinda tricky to do so when you have a toddler running amok (even if I had Mom with me); but the afternoon started with a great lunch with Mom and friends (Kate, Jake and I were free-loaders who crashed the lunch), followed by tea with a girlfriend.

Jake in his new onesie from Uncle Jon. Pic taken in the nappy-changing room at Raffles City; post-lunch.

And this is the best pic I have of Kate taken at the same window period. She was climbing over the mini cubicle walls at the changing area =_=

Yummilicious triple chocolate cheese cake! A heavenly treat eaten leisurely (in-between rocking and feeding Jake) and a great session of chit-chat with a gf.

The day ended with my third appointment for the day - dinner with the bestie. It was nice to catch up with her, to offload what's weighing on my mind, to just hang out with no interruptions. Good friends are really gems.

Saturday: we had an evening planned for the Seah cousins to spend time together. Here's them at Jacob Ballas - due to time constraint, the water play area was pretty much all they got to do that day.


For someone who doesn't fancy water on her face, Kate was having a rockin' good time


Absolutely love this shot of them!

Seeing how they had so much (but not-enough) fun, I think it warrants another trip there soon! The evening ended with pizza - the girls' favourite food.

It's so nice to be able to do normal things, even if they are peppered with diaper changes and feeds; but being a more-seasoned parent this time round, I'm pretty much buay pai seh about stares when the child(ren) fuss. And it's also great that we can bring some fun to Kate's life again - to treat her to her favourite food and see her laugh and play. With me being cooped up at home all last month, it was rough on her too with limited outings (since the husband was also very busy) and I hope she remembers the fun bits in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment