Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Saturday

And that's exactly what it was. Today was all mine (well, most of it anyway).

Kate was with her ah gong and ah ma; my mom helped babysit Jake and the husband had class (he's awful company these days anyway).

After breakfast and a handover session of Jake to Mom, I went for a two-hour facial session. It was bliss, lying there having someone inflict pain on me (the months of not cleansing properly - not by choice, thankyouverymuch - is showing and I was embarrassed when the beautician commented that my skin was xxxx and xxx =_=) and because I didn't have to jump up to attend to any baby, I snoozed comfortably for a while (I don't know how long, but when I'm relaxing, who's counting the minutes?)

Then it was followed by a shopping session. I had to purchase a gift for a friend and I took the opportunity to load up on some of my own beauty items and it felt heavenly to be able to pamper myself. Making the purchase is step one - really hope I have the discipline to actually take step two, which is to utilise these things to maintain and upkeep myself. [Man, being a woman is so tough. All these things we have to do!]

After the bit of shopping, I'd originally intended to hang out at some cafe to have a quiet meal while reading a book (I was prepared with one!) but my boobs got in the way so I had to change my plans. I headed in the direction of home, picking up some market fare along the way. Once home, I enjoyed the peace and quiet of having the whole house to myself. After mommy duty, I resisted doing any house work and instead, started the book while having my meal. [Hunger Games, thanks to the sister. It's pretty good!]

I think I read for about half hour before taking a snooze, which lasted a good forty minutes (40!) before I got a text from the husband that he was on the way back. 

The evening was not-that-great (pretty shit really, compared to how awesome the day had been) but I'm not going to dwell on that. Instead, I'm going to be thankful that I have help with the kids and I was able to have all that time to myself today. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment