Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Precious moments

Kate comes home. The first thing she does, whilst taking off her shoes and standing at the front door is yell "JAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEE" (no signs of her acknowledging her Dad nor me).



I was on the phone talking work, keeping both kids in my line of sight. Jake, who was lying contentedly in the cot, started to wriggle and whine. I start to pat him while continuing my conversation, wishing hard that he doesn't escalate into a loud cry. From the corner of my eye, I see Kate lifting her lil kiddy chair and moving it towards the store-room. I start to make my way towards her - and see her pick off Jake's pacifier which was hanging off the yao lan and run with it to the room and puts it into her brother's mouth. What a  clever little girl! I was totally impressed and touched.



The first thing Kate does when she opens her eyes in the morning, is look for Mommy and Jake. :)



I was doing the dishes in the kitchen - Jake was asleep and I realised that Kate was rather quiet and called out "Kate, where are you?" while walking out to look for her. I spot her in the darkened master bedroom and she runs out, telling me "I turn on the music for didi already." and walks off to play with her toys. And she has! She's switched on the hanging mobile for her brother and the music was tinkling away... (heart melt moment)



While occupied with the dishes/laundry, Jake started to fuss, no longer pleased to be lying on his own. I call out to Kate to sing to her brother and she starts to sing, while holding the iPhone in one hand - and I see her approach him and sayang his head with her other hand and plant a kiss on his head. (aawwww)



Kate has this thing about demanding to "touch didi" and "see didi" - and what's funny about this is that her definition of seeing didi is to see him with 5cm distance between their faces (heh)



When I burp Jake, it's not uncommon for him to regurgitate some milk. I usually ask Kate in a semi-excited voice "Kate, didi vomit! Pls give me tissue!" and she will help quickly. Sometimes, she even wipes it off for him.

On one occasion, I asked her for help and she - who was engrossed in watching her favourite Barney youtube videos - says "I'm busy, you take by yourself" =_=

I find that the most efficient way to burp Jake is to put him over my shoulder, so sometimes when he regurgitates milk I can't see it (if it's only a small amount). And who else, but the little enthusiastic big sister will suddenly yell out "DIDI VOMIT!" (haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment