Friday, May 24, 2013

Kate's first parent-teacher session

At the start of this year, Kate started school.

It's the end of her first semester in school (is that what they call it?) and parents were invited to attend a parent-teacher meet. I was looking forward to it. It was simple, held within the classroom and I had some time alone with both her teachers. She has one English teacher and one Chinese teacher.

Truly, the feedback that I received didn't surprise me. Her strengths and weaknesses are consistent as with at home. We spoke about some areas of concern and room for improvement. I was pleased that she's faring academically well. The teachers shared workbooks of activities that they'd worked on in class and it made me smile, seeing that she's absorbing and developing.

Here's one particular thing that caught my attention.

Kate says that she wants to be a doctor. Here, she drew herself with a stethoscope, a white coat and she's (of course she is) wearing pink shoes.

Am terribly pleased and proud of my firstborn. Can't believe she's growing up so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment