Friday, May 10, 2013

The rest of Friday

We headed to Gardens by the Bay. Reading up all about Tulipmania, I thought that the MIL will appreciate a walkabout to see the beauty of blooms. I tried inviting my Mom too but she couldn't take time off work, so off we went with the kids in tow.

In a lil patio full of hanging clogs. 
See the pretty red tulips behind? Those were the only ones we saw wholly open and they were truly pretty. See the mass of green behind? Those were all tulips too - but closed, so we missed seeing 80% of the tulips in bloom really. Bummer.  The people selling tickets were trained to forewarn everyone purchasing the tickets, but I still felt cheated because he had said "some tulips are open, the rest are green." Well, I truly beg to differ that this one out of the entire main flowerbed is "some"
Pretty purple lavender (flanked by more colourful tulips though we only caught them green *pouts)
At the exit of the flower dome, there were many interactive screens that allowed people to play games. The themes were on being eco-friendly, not chopping down trees, being kind to nature that kinda thing and K had fun playing. This is her going about replanting trees she had earlier chopped off in a bid to rebuild nature.
With the disappointing un-bloom tulips, I felt very glad that I'd purchased tickets to the Cloud Forest. The bridges looked rather intimidating from the bottom and K was rather afraid to try it - "Mommy carry me!" she had insisted. I coaxed her to give it a try and held her hands tightly and once she was on the bridge, she realised that it was just like walking on normal ground and wasn't scary at all. So off she went on her own. I was very proud of her.

One group shot for the road
It was my first experience at Gardens by the Bay and it wasn't too bad really, though I say, for the xth time that I was truly disappointed with the unbloom flowers. Having to pay to go in wasn't that fun which made me even more.. ok fine, you know how I feel. But truly, for the kids to see something different, other than another shopping mall or supermarket, I was happy about. And to spend time to bring the MIL out on a walkabout was truly a major highlight for me. She helped look after K since birth and ever since we moved out into our own abode more than a year ago, I know the weekly visits isn't enough and it's apparent with the MIL doting on the kids so. I hope she enjoyed herself today and I hope to arrange for more occasions for ah ma and grandkids to interact. Hope the MIL enjoyed this Mothers' Day intention of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment