Monday, May 20, 2013

Lovely weekend

Saturday morning. An early start (for the weekend), or a regular start (no time difference to the kids) - this was at 7.30am. Rise and shine.
Saturday afternoon, 2.45pm. Kate went for her first swimming lesson. We are taking it nice and slow - the coach calls it "water appreciation". I like the term. This was after the lesson, where she happily said "I want to be on the steps by myself". Sometimes, I forget that this mature little girl is not even four yet. I love her carefree play. In actuality, this was her escaping my camera - I was pleading for her to give me a smile but she flat out refused, instead choosing to escape the camera and took great delight in it. I'm glad that she was happy.
Saturday evening, 8pm. We went for a supermarket run. Had dinner with the favourite nainai followed by a huge grocery haul.
Sunday afternoon: 4.45pm. I had this empty carton lying around after a huge milk powder purchase recently; and was inspired to keep it and do something with it after seeing some Moms do up good stuff with paper. We had a bit of time this evening and I took it out and the kids were - expectedly - thrilled. Here, they were colouring the box with lousy crayons/marker pens. Watching the two siblings loving each other is truly one of the best things in life. Oh yes, and a by-the-way point of this shot - shows very clearly that two "knobs" on their heads. They are both "doubles" like the husband - the Chinese say that those with "doubles" are very naughty/mischievous/intelligent!
I decided to use the box to do a doll-house, to house the not one, not two but three dolls that Kate owns. The nainai has been (too) generous and now there are three! So all I did was cut out a door for the box. I thought we needed windows but I didn't even get round to cutting those out. We then moved on to painting cos the kids were itching to do something "more" so this was our (pathetic) attempt. We emptied out all the paint from my original bottle of paint. Definitely need to get (a lot more) supplies.
Kate, the proficient painter. I'm really so proud of her crafting abilities. Jake was more interested in touching everything and I had to hold one hand tightly (to prevent him from touching the wet paint) and the other too to ensure that he didn't flick anything about.
Sunset. This picture captured the one moment of peace in the 2.5hours that we were out on errands. In one (very long) car ride, I rushed about to pump petrol, tapau dinner, buy something urgent for the home, and squeezed in a (very quick) run to the reservoir for them to be out. Highlights of this last-minute drive-out for the kids was probably the monkey-spotting (there were rather many!) and the reservoir. It was only a dismal 20minutes at the reservoir but in that time, the kids got to scoot/sit in a bike/meet some dogs and this moment, was the perfect moment where we three huddled together and watched the waters peacefully - for at least 2 minutes!
Scooting home - K had to do an urgent pee run, we picked up the food that I pre-ordered before and we headed home for dinner. 

It was an awesome weekend really and I love, love, love spending time, with these little babies. Kate's at an age where she can make choices (she actually got to decide that we went to this particular reservoir) and Jake, well, sweetheart Jake is just happy to be out and experiencing things are all great for his development at this stage for his life, so I'm more than happy to bring them places and capture their learnings and laughter.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a really good weekend. Love the picture of you and the kids at sunset, so peaceful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The weekend was truly good I must say. & yes, pic turned out nice huh! I am so pleased, to be able to capture such precious moments. Hope your weekend was good, but more importantly, your week ahead is better!

      Delete
  2. happy bees ! (: NICE. been SO busy i miss you and the babies.
    anyhoo.
    just FYI; we bought mell more stuffs-and when i say we, it really is *points to nai nai.
    haha (:

    mell is going to have somewhere to sleeep !
    (don't tell K, yet)

    heh see you wed !!

    ReplyDelete