Friday, May 24, 2013

Long weekend

Don't we all love them? Ours started with a very sumptuous Japanese dinner last evening. Between 3 adults and 2 kids, we indulged in dinner worth $160. That's a lot of food, to say the least. We then did two quick errands.

Replenishing our craft materials. Kate taking the responsibility to pick the right brush.

Grocery shopping

Today was meant to be a picnic-at-the-beach kinda day. The family had planned this for weeks! Then this morning, the sky looked like this.



And so we all cancelled our picnic plans. But because we had so much yummy food all lovingly prepared already, we just stayed in within the cosy walls of Mom's and pigged out. Then napped. It was rather leisurely, really. Totally different from what I had envisioned of sunshine, sand-play, cycling and water-play.

Wet weather, no outdoor picnic. That doesn't stop us from wearing party hats to liven things up!

We spent the late afternoon visiting the newest baby in our extended family (only a week old). Then visited Ikea. I had grand plans of buying some shelves and all.. but that didn't happen. I wasn't prepared with the measurements and while the new furniture seemed to be possible in my head, I was worried that it would only be good in my head. So I got some simple stuff that didn't cost a bomb, missed the chance to redeem our dinner for free and it was still nice just being around family all day long.


Jake, loving his chicken bone (we did feed him proper food, please)

Another two full days of time with the kids! I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment