Thursday, May 9, 2013

My sweetheart, Kate

Yesterday, the very moment I stepped into the house, I was greeted by Kate and her usual "MOMMY!" but with a bonus - she handed me a card that she made in school. I know which bits she did and didn't, but it really made my heart melt. This girl is such a sweetheart (when she's not throwing a spat).

妈妈节快乐
I truly appreciate the card beyond words and I want to give thanks because I am the luckiest Mother in the world, with two charming kids. "That's a moon and a star. And that's a tree with more stars."

The sprinkles on top of this lovely treat was her telling me "Teacher said I must sing a song after I give this to you." Then she launched into this song specially on Moms and love - which she has been humming/singing for the past two weeks. It came with actions too! Love the innocence of a child and how good she is with following instructions (not from me *wry face).

Then this little girl who cannot contain secrets, says, "There's still another card and a flower too."

Am feeling the love this Mothers' Day (thank goodness for school & their curriculum!) and I am wistful yet proud of my big little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment