Monday, November 22, 2010

And off he goes (again)

For the too-manyth time in a month, the husband is off for work. Only 3 days, but which can seem soo looong. Through the years we've been together, I'm pretty much used to his work travels by now. However, I don't have to like them. And last night, as we both moved around the room in quiet stealth (as Kate was sleeping), I said to him "I increasingly do not like you going away."

As much as I am the world's most supportive wife (you may verify this with the husband, thank you very much), I do miss him when he goes away and now that we have Kate, it's even more difficult to have him go away. Yes, I miss him as my husband, yes I miss the extra pair of hands that is so good-to-have when you have a little child, yes I miss someone I can poke fun of at any/all time, yes I miss talking to him, but with Kate, there's been a slight shift and the separation is more tough.

I know many people everywhere in the world endure separation, and some of these are for truly long periods of times away from their loved ones. So I'm trying to stay thankful that the husband's away trips are bearably short.

We miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment