Friday, November 26, 2010

Suburban Thursday

The day started with Kate and I travelling to the other end of the island to fetch the husband from work. After 3 nights away from us, he was finally back. The drive there - though very long - was peaceful; I didn't have to get up to my usual antics of making faces/singing loudly/finding ways & means to distract her. Kate must have been sleepy because she barely fussed and seemed to be enjoying the ride - amazing!

We had a short wait before the husband arrived, and I thought it was very nice carrying Kate and watching the ocean - the clever little one pointed out to the sea and said "oat" (boat). I really love being by the sea and I only wished I could have taken a picture of her by the waters.

In the afternoon, we had a date with Kate's little uncle and auntie.

Taking the bus

First stop - food court for lunch

After the food stop, we headed to the library which served as a playing-cum-reading field for the kids. I'm thankful I had my aunt to help out - 3 kids altogether is quite a feat! (even though the 4 & 6 year-old were old enough to obey instructions) I cannot believe how big they are already - the husband and I used to bring the boy out very often and it seemed only yesterday that he was as little as Kate.

Hanging out with family is fun

They were entertained in this fire engine for a good 15minutes

Kate had a good time with the kids and I enjoyed meeting up with everyone too. Family time is always great and I'm glad that the kids will always have fond memories growing up with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment