Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear Kate

Dear Kate,

It has been a superb 2 weeks that we've spent together daily. If I used to enjoy my leave, I surpass enjoyment now as I get to spend most of my time with you. I know that time spent together is precious and I'm reaping the benefits of all the care and time showered upon you, because we have become closer than ever now. You call for me nearly all the time, and I'm your favourite person on earth! When you get scared by loud/sudden noises, you race towards me. You give me hugs and kisses when I ask for them. You call for me when I'm right there with you, as if to let me know that you're within the area; and you cry for me when I'm out of your sight. You prefer to do everything with me whether it is feeding, showering, changing, reading or playing - and I really love to do all of those (and more) with you. I've said this before and I say it again, I love being a mother and you make the job so much sweeter by being you.

This two weeks with you has also shown me your terribly naughty side - you throw tantrums, you cry for attention or when you don't get your way, you are very stubborn and display this streak through your actions (doing what we tell you not to/ ignoring us when we tell you to do something right) - and I'm very glad that I'm here to witness this growth. I know that such behaviour is part and parcel of growth and I'm glad that I can be here to discipline you. I want you to know that though I love you with all my heart, I will not tolerate bad behaviour.

I still wish that I can be a stay-at-home mom, but I know that you are in great hands with ah ma; and so I embrace my duo-role as a working mom, recognising that it is important for me to stay abreast with what's happening out there in the big (bad) world so that I do not lose track of myself, so that I can join forces with papa and offer you the best we can.

It may take a while for both of us to adjust to me going back to work again, but I know that we'll both do well (hopefully soon). I want you to know that I love you with all my heart, and though I am not with you physically, I am always with you. I will attack my new role with gust, knowing that I have your support, as well as Papa's.

Wish me well in my new role, my darling; Mommy's going to go kickass!

Love always, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment