Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dear Jake

Dear Jake,

It's been a while since I wrote to you but trust me, I've been wanting to and thoughts have been floating around in my head aimlessly trying to get this written. Today is 5 January, exactly 2 months before your EDD, the date the doctors estimate that you'll arrive. According to him, you'll probably be similar to your elder sister - which means you'll start hurting me (really hurting me - that thing called contractions) in exactly 2 months +/- a couple of days. You'll be a March baby just like me, and you'll be a Dragon just like your ye ye & ah ma.

I forgot to mention about your last visit that you weighed 1.3kg, healthy & normal said the doctor. I wonder how much more you'd have grown by the time we see you again next week. I say 'how much' because I know that you have grown - besides the fact that it's normal for you to be doing so, I say this more because you have made it quite obvious that you're needing more space. The way you writhe and wriggle, the way you try to make it somewhere (where exactly I don't know since there ain't much places you can go to at this moment!), and how acute and pronounced the movements are demonstrate how strong you're becoming.

I am thoroughly enjoying the movements though, so don't stop. (I know, Mommy is confusing - but one point is me expressing my views, the other is me being honest that you really ain't going nowhere). I want you to know that you're very special because you're my second pregnancy which makes the experience familiar, yet special because you are unique. The way you move is different from Kate's, and I already know and expect that you'll be a special individual.

I imagine how your little face will look like, how your little hands & feet will be like, how your body will be like... I'm really looking forward to meeting you, holding you and allowing you to wreck my life upside-down, just like how every precious newborn impacts their parents. I want to love you and breastfeed you, I want to watch you wrinkle your face and move your little arms, kick your legs and I want to watch you grow up into the strong, brave, handsome, intelligent and kind boy I want you to be.

Being our second child is different because Papa and I are more trained and know what to expect. But we are not kidding ourselves that it'll be any easier! However, feel free to prove us wrong (please do) and perhaps, you're an angel baby? You're also joining us in a new environment - our new home. I hope you've enjoyed going there - my involvement in setting up home is slightly detached given that I'm protecting you from the "mess", but we hope you'll welcome the home as much as your sister cos she goes merrily berserk every time we go there.

With this new environment, there will also be different dynamics and routines to our lives. Papa and I will be wholly independent with you and Kate - and oh boy, won't that be a fun ride.

Alright baby, not too long till we meet already. Continue to grow well and learn the good stuff that I try to impart to you along the way. You are a lovely boy and I love you so much. You complete our little family.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment