Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear Jake

Dear Jake,

You’re growing so healthily!

Last Saturday was our scheduled visit to see you at 33weeks and in the last 4 weeks, you’ve grown nearly 1kg! You’d already grown very well at 1.3kg the previous visit, and last Sat you’re 2.2kg! Mommy’s weight gain is steady and I’ve put on another 1.5kg, putting my overall weight gain at 9.5kg. Doing well, I must say (both of us) so all is good.

Your picture wasn’t fantastic though – no face shots; instead, you showed us your little bumbum and reaffirmed very clearly that YOU ARE A BOY. I couldn’t really understand what the pic was but the doc assured us that you’re definitely a b-o-y. Haha, I guess you’re already showing us your cheeky self!

Your movements, I tell you, are hinging on ouch at times! Like I told you before, I don’t know where you’re trying to go to because you ain’t going anywhere (yet). But I do love the movements – you seem to be listening to me that daytime is meant for play and night time is meant for sleep. Day time is when you can see light as Mommy walks about in the sun/day; and night is when everything’s more blacked out in your safe little haven. Be good and wake up in the daytime and sleep in the night time ok? I do love watching my stomach jiggle as you do whatever it is that you’re doing. Last Saturday, Kate cheche rubbed my tummy for a while and I hope you enjoyed that. I did – knowing that you’re both bonding already. It’s so cute to hear Kate ask “didi come out already?” – we always respond “not yet” – and now, we can say “soon”.

Mommy’s told you that I’m more tired now because we have a lot of things going on in our lives – with the new home shift, with trying to get cheche settled in at school, with packing and moving and cleaning and (oh plentyyyyy I can go on & on) – and I want you to know that you’re part of our lives now so you’ll feel plenty of what I do. Don’t worry though, no matter how stressed or worried or busy I am, you’re always with me and I’m glad that you’re part of our lives. You’ll add another dimension to our lives and that’ll be exciting (to say the least).

Sometimes, I feel bad (Mommy is only human) and I worry that you’re not receiving enough love (because I’m so busy with so much), then I think that it’s not possible because you’re such a good boy and there is no way that I do not love you – you are my son, my baby, the new bundle of fun & joy to be part of the Seah family.

Another 7 weeks till we meet, my dear boy.

I love you.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment