Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lunar New Year 2012

More pics from day 1 of Lunar New Year 2012.

Kate in her ang-bao-long dress, posing beside my Mom's pussy willow plant (which she's very proud of)

Simply because her face is so silly *pinches cheeks

Polaroids

Kate with her favourite yiyi

Kate with her favourite nainai

I'm not sure when it started, probably 6-7 years ago(?), our family started snapping a family shot on the couch in our living room on the first day of Lunar New Year. It's become a sort of tradition and it's a must-do for us now! (I'll try to do a series of pics for memory's sake).

Here's our series of traditional shots from this Dragon year:

Us

"Dragon!"

"Rabbit"

"Dragon!"

"Funny face!"

"Snake"

Love

This CNY was very quiet, with us doing visiting to less than 5 homes over the 2 days. But to me, what's really important is that our family was together - we ate together, laughed together and played together - which is what the festival is all about- family.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, this Dragon year will be a challenging and very exciting one for the husband, Kate and I - let us tackle it head-on with positivity and alongside one another. We will be fine!

Love-sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment