Friday, January 20, 2012

Sunflowers in our home

From our plant-shopping two days ago, the husband purchased two pots of sunflowers. He's placed them in our balcony and I think it's a nice touch to our home. He's briefed me that we need to water the plants once every morning - he specifically told me the amount of water to use with a particular container that we have.

Yesterday morning, before he went to work, he told me that he's already watered the plants. So I considered the task done and I spent my day off looking after Kate, packing the house, doing cleaning and clearing around the house and supermarketing.

The husband came home from work at about 6pm yesterday. And he exclaimed, "The plant is wilting! Look at the leaves! Must water!"

I looked at him - panicked and bewildered - "but you said you did it already!"

Him, "But look at the leaves! It must have been a hot day and you have to water it when it's in this state."

Me - "...."

He immediately watered the plant. I reminded him (sheepishly) "I told you before that I don't know how to look after animals or plants."

Yesterday night, the leaves have perked up considerably and they have obviously had their fill drinking from (near) dying of thirst.

Observations:
  • I really am clueless about planting.
  • I can follow instructions ok (I did my part by watering them this morning before I left for work!)
  • I now know that I must observe the plant to see how it's looking and feed it when required.
Our very tall sunflower plant in a pot

Happy flower = happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment