Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Talking about something else

Kate is sick. But I don't wish to talk about this - again. I'm tired of going on about how worried and stressed and inconvenienced and heartbroken and sad and tired and (fill in blank as you wish, preferably an expletive) about her. (Not that I don't care about it - I just don't want to think about it for the next 5 minutes as I'm talking about something else.)

It is about the husband and I, and our family car. We have a system where whoever needs the car more will take the car. Usually it involves odd working hours, or anything that involves Kate the princess, or, you get the idea.

It’s actually happened more than once (maybe, thrice?) that we don’t communicate tightly enough and well, we both end up not driving and the car sits in the carpark. It happens because we both leave the house at different times. And we have our own car keys. And we both assume that the other person needs it more & give up the car.

I like that last thought. It shows that we think of each others’ needs before ours, we hope to convenience the other person. There is love.

Of course, when we speak with each other in the day and at the moment we (gasp) discover this folly (horror), we both feel like kicking ourselves in the butt. It’s frustrating! But it’s also funny. And when I think of the arrangements we both go out of the way to make because we think we do not have the car, well, it’s kinda funny. But only in retrospect.

Gotta be more explicit and specific and careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment