Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy birthday, my love

Dear husband,

I've known you since we were both 16, that's half our lives ago. I've watched you morph from a healthy, bouncy teenager who loves basketball to the cool working soldier who plays more soccer in your early teens. Today, you are a very good man and I'm lucky to be the woman in your life.

I'd shared our story before, and I'm always amazed at how far we have come & where we are today. We've had plenty of celebrations like Christmas and anniversaries, and today, it's your day as you celebrate turning 32. Though we don't have anything super planned for today, I hope you'll remember it as a homely one. We'll be having dinner in our own home, with our little family of 3+1 and it'll be an exciting first for us!

32 may seem old, but it's not at all, really. Especially not for a handsome, healthy chap like you! Today, you have your own transport, you have 1.5kids, you have me (ah hem) and the newest accomplishment is your own home! You're faring well at work and you're also improving yourself through studies - all of which adds to the busy-ness in your life, so much so that it's overwhelming; but do know that I'll be here by your side supporting you and helping you as much as I can through it all. We are a team!

Your first birthday cake, yesterday (10 Jan 2012)

Your daughter and you have the same eyes

Your 32 candles being blown out, all by Kate

Us

You are such a good man and I love you with all my heart. The year ahead will be a fun ride (which has already started, really) & I'm so thankful that we have so much past experiences that make us the strong and happy couple that we are. We'll continue our relationship steadily with respect, love and more communication so that we can become the ah-gong and ah-ma that still hold hands in our golden years.

Happy birthday, my husband.

Love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment