Sunday, May 27, 2012

15 years and counting

I don't know when exactly it began, but with this group of gfs, we'd started going to new places to wine and dine (and party when we were younger) to celebrate our birthdays. Between the four of us, we had birthdays in March, April, May and November. And though I'm sure we probably missed some birthdays out somewhere along the way through some years, I'm extremely happy and thankful that we are still great friends and keeping up with our tradition of eating through our birthdays. We have seen each other through fat and thin, singlehood and marriages, happy times and low moments...  

It's even more amazing and great that we manage to keep this up since our lives have changed in the past years - with 3 of us having children which totally (totally!) makes having "me-time" harder. So last night, I went out for dinner and drinks with my dearest girlfriends.

We had dinner at the lovely Boat House - ambience was great, food was interesting and pretty good, though what really rocked the night was the company.

Happy birthday, Eve!
We adjourned to the rooftop for drinks after (ok, they had one each. I had none) and continued conversations of past, present and the future. We had great laughs and the few hours we had just to devote to ourselves to one another was priceless.

The view was pretty good!
So here's to more girlfriend-moments, always.

PS: Thanks to the husband for helping babysit the kids so that I could go out with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment