Saturday, May 12, 2012

One on one

Today was one of those days that I didn't schedule what I had to do. Sure, I knew what I wanted to do but I had to curb my intense need to plan and just rolled with it - because there were too many variables and I had little choice any way.

And what happened was that I ended up accomplishing quite a bit - all related to prepping me to be able to be a pump-at-work Mom - while spending the day individually with both my children.

Headed to town to run an errand and would you believe that Kate was all whiney and teary just before this shot was taken? Well, she was. I was desperately looking for something to distract her and we happened to walk by the candy store at the moment and thankfully she was distracted to want to take a picture with this giant candy. Her whining resumed once the shot was taken though and she crashed from fatigue within minutes of being in the car. 

Then by some series of events, turned out that I had Jake to myself for the evening. I decided to bring him out alone and managed to accomplish part 2 of my errand. Here's us - I had to sneak the pic because I didn't want anyone to think I was weird taking a pic of myself! (But it's the only way). The boy was an angel and here, you see him staring at the lights. He was great company, just enjoying being out and I was getting abit worried that he was a little too awake at 7.30pm, so it was at that time that I just popped him into the cocoon and what do you know? He still knocked out like clockwork (phew). I then managed to have a quiet dinner before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment