Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lesson time - B

Following last week's first session of "lesson" with Kate, I prepared more worksheets to do "B" with Kate. It didn't go as well though, and I barely managed to get Kate to sit still to do some bits of colouring and activity.

And truth is, though I kept repeating in hope to drill the letters B (capital and small) to her, I don't know if it worked because she still mixed up the small letters "a" and "b".

The distracted student in a rare moment of concentration

A lesson I learnt about lesson time for Kate; the last time, I conducted this in the morning, whereas this time, I slotted it into a sudden pocket of time that I had alone with her in the evening. Not sure if this affected her concentration but she was definitely a lot less focused and a lot more fidgety. Will stick to morning lessons.

I feel a bit bummed that I've hit a rut already in week two of teaching her, but I will not give up! Hopefully next week, we will get going again and with her being more receptive to doing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment