Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kate the soldier

Some signs that this little girl is a tomboy:

1/ She gets into the prone position smoothly
Not sure where she picked this up from, but she likes to be in the prone position when she is drawing or reading. She'll lie on her belly and prop herself up and look terribly comfortable while doing so. One time, she threw a ball which rolled underneath a shelf. I’d kinda expected her to peer clumsily beneath but she didn’t. Instead, she took me by surprise by getting into a prone position (like a seasoned soldier!) to peer underneath!

2/ Barking instructions
As Kate becomes more developed in her speech & her vocabulary improves, we can have a decent conversation with each other. She can also tell us things she wants. And given her independent character, she’ll express her displeasure clearly if we don’t execute her commands swiftly enough. “Mama see!” “Papa come!” “No, no, NO!” “This one, no no, THIS ONE

3/ A good soldier
Generally, I still feel that Kate is a great trouper. She can understand our instructions and undertake them very well if she is in the mood to do so. I have seen her keep her toys. I have also negotiated with her (pls keep your books and I’ll let you watch “Goldilocks and the three bears”) which she does. It makes me so proud to watch her develop so quickly and cleverly.

I love my little tomboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment