Sunday, May 29, 2011

We'll make it happen

I worked yesterday and because I took leave for Monday, Sunday (today) felt like a Saturday. I started the day with a lousy sleep-in (go figure - I sleep badly when I have the chance to sleep late! pfft) and was half hour late for my brunch/makan session with the gurls. It's a belated celebration for Eve. She's now 21weeks preggos and it's so nice to be able to enjoy a lovely, lazy meal with great company and friends who are happy to talk about the same topics - kids, sperms, ovulation, preggo-weeks, delivery, labour, parenting...

We have been friends since college and I realize with a start that we've been friends for 14 years. FOURTEEN!?!?!? Gee. Collectively, we'd been through several break-ups, several lousy relationships, 1 divorce, 4 marriages and exactly 2 & a 1/2 children. As we were recounting the number of "dones", Poo raised that despite all that, we 4 have never been away on a trip altogether. *GASP

We quickly decided that it has to be done! Of course, it's not that easy with 1 working Mom, 1 working pregnant Mom-to-be, 1 who just started a new job (ala no leave) and 1 non-working Mom who needs to look for childcare help. But, we will make it happen!

Let's do it, gurls!

14 years of beautiful friendship, and many more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment