Monday, May 2, 2011

Adult time

Yesterday, I wrote a little about the husband and I being out and about without Kate. I figure I'll write a bit more of us only, of things that we've done recently. This comes about a few days after I threw a mini spat, feeling terribly neglected by the husband.

Why does this happen, when we sleep together (okay, this is technically an inaccurate statement since I share the same bed with Kate and the husband is an arm's length away from me - on the floor. But that's a different story altogether), chat with each other at least once every day when we're working, and see each other when we're both home every night?

I don't think I'm the only one who suffers from this neglecta-ism (ok, I made this word up), and I'm pretty sure I speak for plenty of partners (likely the female) who just don't feel that love and companionship and intimacy is ever enough. I guess it stems from the fact that we're all occupied with much (much to have to do, much to do, much done, much to have to do even more...) in our daily lives, and that added bit of support, love and communication is so important to make me feel loved and in touch with each other.

Moral of the story: Quality time spent together is important.

So. Having said all that, here's launching into our us-time.

We did a competitive run some weeks back , it was the 2Xu 2011 run along the Marina Promenade area, and the second run that the husband and I did together. The run was pretty awesome and I'm very proud to share my results (finally went to the website to extract them).

I did pretty good!

Name
Foo June
Bib5033
Race Category12KM WOMENS
Nett Time01:13:08
Gun Time01:13:50
Rank218 of 1835

& the husband did well too - within the hour as he'd targeted:

NameSeah Hans
Bib5032
Race Category12KM MENS
Nett Time00:59:54
Gun Time01:00:35
Rank354 of 5411

Cannot believe this took place nearly a month ago already (man I feel like my fitness level has dropped since then!)

The next exciting thing that we did as a couple, as a Singaporean couple, is to engage in pretty constant conversations about the most hip-hop happening affair of our nation at this moment - the General Elections. Now, I'm not the most politically aware person and I guess I probably am more apathetic than engaged (honestly) on the affairs of the Nation. However, I am concerned, interested and fascinated by what's happening, by the fact that I can have a say and influence over what's happening in my country; putting into practise what I have been blindly reciting in our National Pledge all these years - ... citizen of Singapore... to build a democratic society.

What I enjoy is listening to the husband's views, to hear him speak passionately about the matters of our state and to have discussions of great importance to us and our lives. To be able to ask my questions - no matter how dumb or shallow - and hear his point of view without him judging me. To be able to have differing points of views on certain areas of what's going on. Last Saturday, we headed to the rallies together - we went to two (we are fair); one of the PAP at Serangoon Stadium, the other of WP at Bedok Stadium.

Bedok Stadium: we were there, one of those specks within the stadium, to listen and show our support

The experience was important and beneficial in many ways; not only did we get to spend time together, it was well-spent on something truly meaningful.

After that surreal experience, the husband kindly accompanied me to town for a work affair. I'm glad that he didn't find the time spent a waste, and we were both fairly happy after 3 drinks each. It was quite a novel experience to be out at *gasp* 1am with the husband at Clarke Quay. The truth is, we're always home and seldom out, & even if I was still awake (seldom), it's probably because we caught a late show. So for us to be on this date night at an amazing time and place, it was, well, truly amazing.

1am @ Clarke Quay

It's the end of our long weekend, and it's also the start of May. Where's all the time gone?! We're into May already?! Gee. It's been a pretty decent 2011 so far, and I'm sure it'll continue to be great because we'll keep communicating, understanding and loving each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment