Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Always my baby

While commuting home yesterday on the train, I saw a mother carrying her sleeping daughter. The girl is probably about 5 years old & was rather tall. The mother was having a rather difficult time carrying the child and despite changing the carrying position several times, the girl didn’t wake up – must have been deep slumber! After a few stops (I was ready to ask for a seat for her already!) she got a seat and I was watching how the mother adjusted the sleeping position of the child, lovingly cradling her in her arms.

I was touched by what I saw.

It struck me then that a mother’s love knows no bounds; no matter how tired my arms may be, no matter how non-conducive the environment may be, I will still shelter and protect my child. And no matter how old she gets, she’ll never be too heavy for me to carry, to hold, to hug.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with u 100%

    also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the 'husband'

    ReplyDelete