Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear Kate

Dear Kate

I was looking at you while you were sleeping last night and you looked soo loong! I love your angelic face, how your little mouth is slightly apart and how you always seem to find a way to sleep with your legs in the most unglam fashion – it’s either crossed or placed high on a pillow/bolster.

You have phlegm at the moment and sleep rather noisily every time you inhale & exhale. I hope that it’ll clear up soon so that you’ll sleep better. Your health has been unsteady in the past month, you had bouts of colds, coughs & phlegm, and your temperature fluctuated. You also had reactions post your MMR vaccination. I hope that these mild bouts of illnesses are indeed strengthening your system to prepare you to be a stronger, healthier girl.


We have done rather much in the past month, with us celebrating Christmas, ushering in the New Year and Daddy’s 31st birthday!
This Christmas, you received a lot of presents (same as last year). What was different was that you knew how to tear the presents apart on your own this year! It’s such fun to watch you tear things apart; and see you respond so appropriately with “WAAAH” to toys that you fancy!

We ushered in 2011 in a rather quiet manner, but what was important was that Papa, you and I were together. Our latest celebration was Papa’s birthday a week ago. You joined us in an adult dinner and I have to say you were a rather good girl. You ate most of the huge loaf of bread that came over dinner & seemed to enjoy that a lot more than your home-cooked porridge!

We also went to the zoo & you definitely enjoyed it; compared to the first time we brought you when you were much younger. You impressed me with how you were able to recognize familiar animals, and how you knew what the animals were doing – sleeping, eating, swinging, swimming… I could have a conversation with you about the zoo visit and I’m terribly pleased that you’re absorbing much things that we expose you to.

You had your second haircut in your life – the first being when your head was shaven when you were two month’s old; this time Papa trimmed your bangs as it was getting into your eyes. The rest of your hair is growing longer, and it is very fine.

Your weight increase was quite steady and you grew visibly taller. But your largest development was behavioural – your vocabulary has expanded, your level of understanding has increased and you pick up things quicker than ever. You mimic words that we say, you obey (sometimes) and understand everything that we tell you, and you are developing quite a bit of a naughty streak! Papa and I have sent you to the naughty corner on many occasions each time you do something out of line – such as screaming unnecessarily, behaving badly despite us warning you not to do and the likes. I accept that being naughty is part & parcel of being a child, you are experimenting with boundaries and exploring life – so it‘s up to Papa and I to remain firm and discipline you to instill right and wrong in you.

Overall, you are a lovely child – always ready to please and generally obedient. You smile, wave and charm people mostly, always friendly and delight people with your antics. You can “sing”, you can dance and I know that you will grow up to love music – you have already displayed pleasure in watching musicals (Barney is a current favourite) and I wish that music will be a good influence in your life. I’ll love to teach you how to play the piano.

I cannot believe how fast time has flown by and how much you have grown! I love how we are openly affectionate; always ready to give and receive hugs and kisses with you. I wish for your life to be always full of love and happiness. It never fails to make me smile every time you call me “Mama”.

Happy 16 months my precious.

Love always, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment