Saturday, January 1, 2011

Meaningful end and a beautiful start

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

The last day of 2010 was spent doing some catch-up with old friends, and made me count my blessings that I have a healthy beautiful girl. Despite being 'old fuddy duddies', the husband and I stayed up with baby-in-tow past midnight, counting down to 2011! We had a nice dinner (stumbled upon a new restaurant under the oddest circumstances) together as a family and we also managed to pop by two homes and saw more friends. I welcomed the year very simply with the husband and baby by my side, with my best friend too. Next year, her husband and newborn will be able to join in the countdown - woot!

The first day of this new year was easy - time spent with Kate at the playground while the husband slept in, a late lunch and grocery shopping, followed by naps and play at my mom's which ended with an uber sumptuous and yumsy steamboat dinner with the family. Kate had a blast playing with yiyi, uncle Jon and jiu jiu. So fun!

Such simple things which bring the greatest sense of joy and peace, what more can one ask for?

May the new year be as happy, satisfying and glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment