Thursday, January 20, 2011

Before 9am

I was chugging along to work this morning via bus… it’s my second morning of leaving the house 20mins earlier than before, in a bid to reach work punctually amidst the horrendous & erratic highway traffic. By my 50th minute into my journey, I was safely in time for work; terribly sleepy & cold (can’t trust these air-conditioning – it’s either too stuffy or too cold!); and missing the husband and Kate terribly.

While the husband is holding fort at home in the absence of the MIL, I’m imagining all the fun times and bonding he and Kate are going through. It sucks to have spanners thrown in the works after we’ve had such a good run of reliable, familiar and great support in the childcare department. We haven’t found a solution as yet, but we have to and this icky bother is currently seated a little too comfortably at this wedge at the end of my brain. Sigh.

So anyway, I texted the husband to check on how they’re doing and this came along:

“She wants to eat biscuits but Papa says NO

Love her pining face, so cute & poor thing all at once (though this is not the most ke lian one she can pull). Amidst all my harried thoughts, I texted the husband “no chance of me being a stay-home mom to look after Kate?”

His curt & swift response “Husband says NO”

My equally swift response (while stifling my giggles) “Someone’s emotional towards his two girls this morning!”

Sometimes it's quite fun to be able to gang up on the male with the girl to tease exasperation (for fun only la, only because we love you! :P)

Now. To get on with the day and totally looking forward to being with them two!

Love you my husband & daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment