Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sneak preview

I'm all for traditions now that I have a child. I wish for her to enjoy the festivities, to bask in the fun, praises & excitement that comes along with celebrations. Chinese New Year is the largest fanfare that we Chinese enjoy and I remember how excited I was whenever it rolled along because (1) I got to buy new clothes & (2) the angbaos! Of course, the yummy food and getting together with cousins to play were awesome too.

As I got older, it got more and more routine and well, sometimes boring. I still enjoyed the food and the shopping and the angbaos, but the atmosphere seemed to dilute over the years.

I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again - that I begin to enjoy festivities more with Kate's company; as I introduce traditions to her, I get re-ignited with excitement as I see things from a fresh perspective. I like!

Gloriously festive (I only bought 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment