Thursday, December 22, 2011

Being an adult is not that fun

Kate first vomitted last Thursday. It's been a whole week since and the husband will be bringing her for a follow-up check-up later today.

Kate vomitted again (she's been at it consistently at least once every single day) last night. For the second night in the row (was it only the 2nd night? Consecutively makes it seem far worse), the husband and I got right into action. He had to give her a thorough shower (puke in hair - yucks) while I cleaned up the mess in the room & floor & bed. (For people who don't really change their bedsheets very regularly, the husband and I have totally more than made up for it this past week.)

It's so exhausting and emotionally draining to see her vomit and be unwell. Sigh.

SO. Anyway. After putting K to sleep (not tough at all since she was already weak with exhaustion *sad) the husband and I had a heart-to-heart and we made the (very) painful decision to cancel our holiday to Hanoi.

Boo. Hoo. Hoo.

Logically, I know it's better for us, especially Kate because she is obviously still not 100%. But the husband and I had been so very very looking forward to a holiday (!) that it really broke our hearts to make this very responsible decision.

Sigh.

So. No. More. Holiday. What I'm feeling is a HUGE contrast to how I was feeling then.

I feel rather selfish feeling this down, considering I really ought to be more concerned that Kate is well. But, I cannot help myself. This is the 2nd time in 2 months that I'd met with travel setbacks. Sigh.

But I know it's the right thing to do.

And on a rather seemingly but not really random note, to the sister: lotsa love ok? Whatever your decision is, I always love and support you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey June,
    hang in there. remember you are not alone! millions of parents across the world in the same boat (me included). yes, I totally agree. it really sucks sometimes to be the responsible adult.
    xxoo
    Jo

    ReplyDelete