Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last day of 2011

I have been trying to find time to think through the year but with the on-going busyness the past week, I haven't had time to do so. I didn't want to not pen something down on this last day of the year though, so I'm just going to go with my brain-flow.

The first quarter of the year was spent celebrating the birthdays of the husband and I. Kate joined us in our celebrations and it's made so much better with her around. Morton's for the husband's and Sentosa for mine. Sentosa was Kate's first time at the beach and it was so funny seeing her awkward response to stepping on grainy sand. Birthdays in the family is truly that much more special and fun with a child around and it's heartwarming to see all of us obliging Kate and allowing her to sing the birthday song over and over while sharing the candle-blowing with her. Her very own birthday bash was a blast - special thanks to the sister who helped pull it altogether; we gave her a fun-filled themed party with her very own Barney making an appearance. The memory lasted with her saying "Barney come to my party, I'm so happy" everytime she sees pictures and that more than makes all the preparations worthwhile!

Our lives have revolved around Kate since her birth and the year has obviously been tracked much by her developments. It's truly amazing how much she has grown! Her movements are more stable, she's had a haircut, she's been to Desaru on a short holiday. The most amazing and impressive growth, however, has got to be her speech. This girl is today able to speak bilingually in English and Mandarin with bits of Hokkien. She strings sentences together and expresses herself very well. She composes lyrics to songs that actually makee sense and doesn't fail to make me laugh. Kate's health has been on a roller-coaster this year with flus and fevers; but it is the recent episode of bacteria infection that really takes the cake. It was a most stressful time for the husband and I, and it also made me treasure my princess more (if that's possible?!) Having Kate in my life is truly the best blessing and I cannot give enough thanks to be blessed with her.

Speaking of blessings, it is of course a highlight in our lives this year to be blessed with news of our second pregnancy. The initial ride was not easy (to say the least!) but that's over and today, I'm already 31 weeks into the pregnancy with 9 more to go! Jake has been a beautiful baby and we were fortunate to have some lovely ultrascan pics of him and his side profile. He is more active than Kate and the husband and I are truly looking forward to his arrival, where he will join our little family and make our 3+1 = 4! Kate has been very good in the news of her little brother and it will be very exciting when Jake arrives and changes our lives.

On the job front, the year has been generally smooth-sailing. I've settled into my new job and having been there for more than a year, it's really not that new anymore. I have been pretty lucky and I'm thankful for the opportunities. Hope the new year brings more challenges and growth for me.

The husband - my pillar of strength and support, my lover, my friend and the man whom I love with all my heart. Our year has been mostly good and it's not possible without mutual respect. He embarked on his studies this year and I saw him soldiering with everything nearly spilling out of his plate with little complaints. The year ahead will bring more challenges, and I hope there will be more ups than downs. We will also be moving into our own home - a very exciting and big step which I'm looking forward to.

Generally, I'm thankful for the year and I know that 2012 will be very fun, exciting and awesome!

Happy new year to one and all, may you have a great new year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment