Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time with Kate

I took the afternoon off yesterday to look after Kate as the MIL had a doctor's appointment, so we spent the afternoon together as I brought her out to do some Christmas shopping.

430pm: Kate enjoys her afternoon snack (pandan cake) while we make our way to town.

We arrive at 111. She delights in going up and down the stairs on her own. "Don't hold my hand!" She also chose to wear this T-shirt "monkey one!"

111 was unexciting, so we headed to Centrepoint. She entertains herself with a toy Elmo. And the rest of the toys on display.

We head up to the children's department where she was wowed by a whole box of Lego. She tells me "I'm fixing the animals" as she plays with them.

I manage to settle 2 kiddo presents & we head back to 111 where we had dinner with my girlfriends. Kate received presents and had fun playing with her new toy & she was so tired she fell asleep on the drive home, and stayed asleep even after I carried her from the car to the house and wiped her face & changed her into her pyjamas. The husband was away last night so I had Kate all to myself, and we had a rather rough night with her coughing.

She woke up at 4.30am coughing (very) violently and even threw up a ball of phlegm. I switched off the aircon in a bid to help ease her breathing, fed her a dose of cold meds & after wiping the small mess up very quickly, I told Kate "it's ok, Mommy cleaned you up already, close your eyes and go to sleep" ... & thankfully she did.

I heard the clock chime 5 before I went back to sleep. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment