Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This brings a smile to my face

Some weeks ago, we bought a pair of tiny sunglasses for Kate. She’s been asking to wear glasses for a while, ever since she sees the husband / I wearing our sunnies. As I wear my (myopia) glasses most wkends, I pass her my sunnies to wear. She rather enjoys the novelty of propping them onto her teeny nose. I’ve been saying that I wanna get her her own pair and we finally did so when we went by Mothercare.

She enjoys wearing her very own pair of sunnies and it’s rather cute to hear her say “where’s my glasses it’s so bright”. Though she also asks for her glasses at night time - basically when she’s in the car, she will be reminded of the glasses (as we leave it in there) and ask for them. So we have to educate her that it’s dark at night time and you don’t need to wear glasses.

Mini sunnies for the mini princess

Every time I see her glasses in the car, it cracks me up. I mean, it’s just so cute! Like, she’s such a part of our everyday lives. Such joy! (Uh, though I think it’s the miniature-ness that makes it look terribly cute, especially compared to our regular adult-sized items. There is little joy seeing the rest of her stuff cluttered in the car – the car seat, her dolls, her puppet socks (regular socks which she uses as puppets for play), her handbags…)

No comments:

Post a Comment