Saturday, December 17, 2011

Working as a team

That's what people become (a team) and do (work together) when they get together. And nothing seals the deal more each time there is something happy/sad. When you get hitched at the altar; when you welcome a new life you two created; when you fight real bad; or when you are stressed and having to deal with reality together. The last is what the husband and I are going through right now.

Kate is in hospital for the third night and it is very heart-wrenching to hear her say "I don't want to eat", "I don't want to stay here", "I want to go home". Besides being physically tired (the poor husband has come home for only 4 hours over the past three days), what guts me is how the blardy bacteria is draining my girl of her usual self. She doesn't want to run around, she refuses food, she asks for water, she sleeps and when she isn't sleeping, she lays still drained of life.

I lean on the husband for love, for hope and strength. We have to keep going, we are a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment