Friday, December 30, 2011

Staycation is still a holiday and time well-spent together

Ever since we did the heartbreaking thing called cancelling our holiday, the husband and I have been exploring options of things we can do with our time off. Drive to M'sia? No more rooms at Genting. Short trip to anywhere else? Too troublesome to research and the husband wasn't too keen. With 2 days off, our back-up plan was to hit the zoo with Kate one of the days.

"I've always wanted to try staying there", says the husband & with that, he went ahead to book a night's stay at Shangri-La. I think we spent a good time at the hotel, maxing out the facilities and staying in. And Kate is much bigger now (compared to our last staycation, about a year ago) and able to enjoy the pool ("I don't want bath-tub!") as well as the luxe food offerings.

Here's our staycation, pictorially:

Kate explores the room upon checking-in. "I can see the swimming pool!"

We stepped out of the hotel premise (one & only time) & strolled to some food court along Orchard Road for a cheapo lunch.

Post-lunch, we stocked up on some snacks. Kate insisted on carrying a bag.

A late afternoon nap - exhausted after a swim (more like play) at the pool.

Mucking around while the husband went for a run. From this pic, I reckon that Kate and I do look rather alike.

Dinner!"I want to eat pijja!" Actually, the whole night was a non-stop of her "I want tos"

Happy with full tumtums

Still happy (I think she was on a sugar high) with the snowman

A family shot with the giant Christmas tree (that's my effort of including Jake)

The next morning - breakfast with Kate. (She doesn't like scrambled eggs)

We were so full, I made us take a short walk around. Kate poses with the pool.

Dressed and ready to go! "I want to go swimming pool!" This is the last time she'll be wearing this suit. It's gotten too tight already.

While the husband was checking-out, Kate poses by the tree in the lobby. "You take a picture of me and Christmas tree, ok?"

No comments:

Post a Comment