Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jia (in-progress)

"It's beginning to look more like our home now." - said the husband in a text message to me 2 weeks back. Building a home - in all senses - is not easy. There are so many details that we need to take care of and because I'm pregnant (old wives' tale of preggies to avoid renovations/home-moving of any sorts), the husband has undertaken the whole task of doing up our home. I guess it helps that I trust and allow him to do everything anyway - it's too much hassle for both to be as involved.

Much more has been been done since my last update, and I'm happy to present some pictures!

Our living room - our general theme is east-meets-west, though most people who's seen the home says "it's very oriental". You see our main sofa (gui fei bed), our beautiful pink feature wall, and our curtains.

Our beautiful living room lights! (There are two and one has blown - yup, already! Gee.)

Our very space-economical dining table. DIY-ed by the husband.

Our utility room - ala our walk-in wardrobe. Nothing much has been done except for this lay-in window bed. It's also Kate's indoor playground. "Shooooo!"

Children's room - I chose the curtains! ALL ON MY OWN! (heh)

Doorway to master bedroom - you can see our carpet!

Our timber blinds and you can also see our floral ball of light

Our master bedroom balcony - you can kinda make out our fake garden (yup, that's artificial grass) and our colour-matched curtains (note: I did not agree to the curtain material. We did initially, then the husband changed the material without consulting me. =_=)

More progress soon, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment