Sunday, December 18, 2011

He goes down but stays afloat

The husband, that's who.

After weeping myself to sleep last night (it's the fatigue, stress and hormones at work!), my sleep was interrupted at 3am by the phone. I'd 2 missed calls and it was the message tone beeping through that cracked through me and I read, through blurry vision that the husband had texted me "I just took an injection. Am vomiting and having diarrhea" - I rang him immediately and the exchange was very brief: he asked if I was feeling unwell (no) and said he gotta go rest and told me to do the same. He was very worried that I might have caught something too since he did.

I had pretty sucky sleep after that and was up by 8 and outta the house by 9. Our exchange, by the car, was professional (what Kate had eaten/how she had pooped/vomitted), I asked how he was (tired) and the husband zoomed off home for necessary rest while I trudged up the familiar steps into the hospital.

I spent the day by her side. The husband got some needed rest (6 uninterrupted hours - the first in the week) and by 730pm, he was back. I love this strong man.

Hopefully, tomorrow we can give Kate a positive response when she says "I don't want to sleep here, I want to go home" - keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment